The mission of the Genesee Chamber Foundation is to receive and administer funds donated to the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce to implement programs for educational, scientific and charitable purposes that contribute to the public welfare of the citizens of Genesee County.
Foundation funds will be used to support efforts to diffuse knowledge and understanding of matters that are of public concern including the American economic system, consumer education, career education, vocational training, housing, cultural development and human resources.
Genesee Chamber Foundation Board Members
- Tadd Harburn, Chair – Principal, Plante& Moran
- Veronica Artis, Secretary – Executive Vice President, Genesee Packaging, Inc.
- Claude High, Treasurer – President, Action Management Corp.
- Carl Conner, Director
- Tim Herman, Director – CEO, Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Kevin Keane, Director – Area Manager, Consumers Energy
- Brian Norman, Director – External Affairs Manager, AT&T Michigan
The Genesee Area Focus Fund’s purpose is to receive and administer funds dedicated to improving the economy and quality of life of the people of Genesee County, Michigan.
The Genesee Area Focus Fund houses several programs of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. Programming under the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce’s Education and Training business unit includes many youth and teen services, including YouthQuest, a free, after-school experience for kids in grades K–8.