The Flint & Genesee Convention and Visitors Bureau (FGCVB) is proud to host “Be a Tourist in Your Home Town” This one-day event offers Flint & Genesee residents, and non-residents, to come out and experience what our community has to offer, something many have not done in years.
For just $1.00 per person, tourists (participants) can purchase a Passport which gives them the opportunity to visit and enjoy many different venues around Flint & Genesee. In 2015, over 30 attractions participated, including:
- American Institute of Architects
- Buick Gallery
- Carriage Town Antiques
- Durant-Dort Carriage Company Headquarters
- Edible Flint Urban Garden Tours
- First Presbyterian Church
- St. Matthews Church
- Flint Children’s Museum
- Flint Farmers’ Market
- Flint Institute of Arts
- Flint Public Library
- For-Mar Nature Preserve and Arboretum
- Greater Flint Arts Council
- Longway Planetarium
- Mass Transportation Authority Bus Terminal
- Riverfront Residence Hall
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
- Sloan Museum
- University of Michigan-Flint Recreational Center
- Whaley Historic House Museum
- The Whiting
- And more!
This Passport is also valid for discounts at many restaurants in Downtown Flint’s Entertainment District. Complimentary transportation between attractions will be provided by Flint’s Presenting Sponsor, Mass Transportation Authority.
In 2013, the event received great news coverage and made the Pure Michigan Tourism Update “Tourism News & Trends.”
Don’t miss this opportunity to Be a Tourist in Your Home Town. We invite you and your family and friends to come experience what the Greater Downtown Flint Area & Genesee County has to offer and See what’s possible! Registration is now open.